Simple Basil Pesto
Basil pesto can be used as a delicious and flavorful pasta sauce, or even as a garnish for your steaks
A classic basil pesto is perfect as a pasta sauce or as a garnish for your meats, and even on a slice of toasted bread before you serve your main course. A strong, pungent and beautifully herb-y sauce, just a dollop will go a long way. If you like a little spice, feel free to add some ground chili flakes to taste.
If you are saving for another day, add a layer of olive oil on top after transferring to prevent any browning of the sauce. Buon appetito!
- 2 Cups Fresh basil leaves, packed
- 1/2 Cup Freshly grated Parmesan-Reggiano or Romano cheese
- 1/2 Cup Extra virgin olive oil
- 1/3 Cup Pine nuts
- 3 Cloves 3 medium sized garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 Lemon 1/2 the juice of a freshly squeezed lemon
- Salt and Pepper to taste