Greek Style Turkey Burger Patties
A tasty and fresh twist on a traditional beef burger patty
Looking to make a burger, but want something slightly lighter and fresher for summer? Try turkey as your base protein for these delicious Greek-style patties. We love the twist on these with the feta and sun-dried tomatoes that will add some more dimension, textures and unique flavors to a typical beef burger patty.
Remember the toast and dress the buns! We'd recommend a nice yogurt based dressing if you want to go full Greek and even healthier, and we're totally OK with skipping a bun (or two), as well.
- In a large bowl, combine burger ingredients and mix to combine, being careful not to over do.
- Shape into 6 patties, each 1/2–inch (1 cm) thick.
- Reduce heat to medium and place burgers on lightly greased grill, cover and cook for about 8 minutes on each side or until an instant-read thermometer inserted sideways into the centre reads 165ºF.
- Dress with red onion, cucumber and sun dried tomato relish.
- 1 1/2 Pounds Ground Turkey
- 2 Cloves Garlic
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup Bread Crumbs
- 1 Cup Crumbled Feta Cheese
- 1/4 Cup Chopped Sun-Dried Tomatoes
- 1/4 Cup Diced Onions
- 1 Bunch Chopped Flat Leaf Parsley
- 2 Sprigs Fresh Oregano
- Salta and Fresh Ground Pepper to Taste